Managing Principal & CPA Accountant
Fiona is a CPA certified accountant, passionate about helping people and businesses reach their financial and lifestyle goals.
Fiona stated her career in accountancy in 1993 whilst also operating a small retail business. In 2006 Fiona completed her CPA and took over Quality Accounting ownership and management from her father Denis.
As a business owner in both retail industry and professional services, she has seen the business and accountancy sectors change significantly. Quality Accounting has embraced online accounting lodgements and software ensuring efficiency and cost savings for clients. This has also facilitated the remote servicing of clients in Sydney, Brisbane and Perth.
Fiona also offers clients financial planning support and business management advice. The rise of Self-Managed Super Funds sees Fiona currently undertaking her SMSF Specialist Accreditation which will further extend her capacity to meet client's needs.
With more than 20 years' experience, Fiona is results-orientated with broad experiences including accounting of complex transactions such as mergers and acquisitions, as well as divestments. Fiona's high attention to detail recently saw a successful client's business be brought out by a multi-national, who still retains Quality Accounting for their accounting needs in Australia.
Fiona was also instrumental in researching the technical and compliance requirements on a book relating to how to build wealth in a Self-Managed Super Fund. This gave her an opportunity to highlight her technical skills and financial analysis abilities to ensure the books integrity from a compliance perspective.
Fiona has consistently and effectively delivered accounting services that enhance her client's purpose and profitability, exampled by maintaining long term client relationships that were founded in the first generation of the business. The business has also grown from a team of 3 to over 10 staff members.
Fiona is passionate about the pioneering spirit of business owners and entrepreneurs and enjoys working with ambitious motivated people.
Ask Fiona about . . .
- Forecasting and managing your cashflow
- Effective tax minimisation through structuring
- Tax Compliance and financial reporting
- Accounting software solutions for your business
- How to maintain records for your business
- SMSF compliance assistance
- Estate planning considerations
- FNS50611 Diploma of Financial Planning - Pinnacle Financial Services Academy
- Accounting Advanced Diploma - TAFE
- AFM212 Management Accounting - University of New England
- CPA Australia Membership Certificate
- Bachelor of Financial Administration - University of New England
- Certificate of registration of Tax Agent - Australian Government Tax Agent Board